Tips for making videos and creating screencasts:
- Storyboard and script what you are going to cover and say
- Have your resources ready and in the order you are going to discuss
- Keep it short and simple
- It helps if your voice is slow and steady
- Find a quiet area with good lighting
- Organize your screencasts and videos so it easy for students and others to find
- The process gets easier the more you do it; don’t be a perfectionist!
Please remember that you have a youtube account that is based upon your school gmail account. Just use your school gmail username and password to login. Videos on youtube are easy to upload and share on blogs!
Why make videos?:
- A great reference and review that can be used multiple times; especially with student absences.
- Easy to share (youtube).
- Great for snow days!
- Zaption can be used for formal or informal assessments.
Tools for making videos and creating screencasts:
Explain Everything (iPad app)
Simple, easy to use tool to help create screencasts. Think of it as an interactive whiteboard tool that lets you annotate, animate, narrate, import, and export almost anything to and from almost anywhere. Create slides, draw in any color, add shapes, add text, pictures and videos.
Tutorials for Explain Everything
Video Tutorial by Alex Alford
Source for Explain Everything